Monday, August 5, 2019

Let us argue it out

“Let us argue it out,” says the Lord strong and sure:
“Though your sins be as scarlet, yet you shall be pure.
Your loud sacrifices are nothing to me;
When you cry out aloud, only burden I see.”

“I have had quite enough of these offerings of beasts;
I take no more delight in your gifts or your feasts.
I cannot endure while you still live in sin,
While your heart is corrupted and hateful within.”

“Wash yourselves, heart and soul; lay your evil aside.
Learn the good, seek the right, and make justice your guide.
When you learn obedience and care for the poor,
God’s provision for you will be plenteous and sure.”



TEXT: Charles Spence Freeman, 2019; after Isaiah 1:10-20
MUSIC: Tune FOUNDATION, American folk melody







No comments:

Post a Comment