Sunday, May 31, 2020

I thank my God for you each time I pray

I thank my God for you each time I pray for God to keep you blameless on that day.
God gives true grace to you in Christ the Son, so you are strengthened by the Holy One.
Refrain:
I thank my God for you each time I pray for God to keep you blameless on that day.

The Word of Christ is strong among you all, so you lack nothing for your spiritual call.
Now wait for the revealing of God's Son; receive the strength of God's own Holy One.
Refrain

God is a faithful God, who calls to you to live, in everything you say and do,
In fellowship with Jesus, God's own Son, the Christ, the Savior, God's own Holy One.
Refrain



TEXT: Charles Spence Freeman, May 2020, after 1 Cor. 1:3-9 (Advent 1B)
MUSIC: Tune VENITE ADOREMUS, Italian folk melody, Children's Praise, 1871 (10.10.10.10 with refrain)
            
A first effort towards An Advent Hymnary project.





No comments:

Post a Comment